I am seeking opportunities where my excellent skills, knowledge and experience can contribute to achieve business success.
I have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of New Brunswick. I have corporate work experience in the telecommunications industry where I did software development and management for telecommunications products.
Post corporate world, I have continued to learn new areas of interest and developed web properties and smartphone apps. My This1That1Whatever.com website yields Google AdSense revenue.
My exploration interests include 3D Design, Game Engines (such as Unreal Engine 4 from Epic Games) and Artificial Intelligence (AI). As I learned to use various software programs for 3D design, I created videos along the way to show my fruits of labor. My experience with Unreal Engine 4 was fascinating and eye-opening in terms of the effort needed to create the 3D assets and to program the game which includes AI for game elements. Playing Assassin's Creed Unity (ACU) was an experience which showed me the power of 3D graphics and sophistication of game design. As with my 3D design, I created videos of my ACU game play.
For ongoing learning, I am exploring Machine Learning in the broader scope of Artificial Intelligence where I am not only looking at the applications of AI but the underlying technology. I am learning about areas such as Logistic Regression, Neural Networks and Reinforcement Learning where the math and algorithms are complex.
For ongoing interest, I have examined the various applications and technologies for Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
For my ongoing hobby, I am an enthusiast with my camera gear to shoot photos and videos as the Camera Guy.
Tools and Technologies
I have working knowledge and proficiency in:
- WAMP for development on my computer before uploading to web server.
- C, C++, Python for software programming languages.
- Windows and Linux for computer operating systems.
- Oracle VirtualBox VM for Ubuntu environment.
- Smartphone App Development
- React Native
- Onsen UI
- WebGL (Three.js, Babylon.js)
- CyberLink PowerDirector for video editing.
- Various image editing packages including CyberLink PhotoDirector.
- Blender for 3D modelling and asset creation.
- Blackmagic Design Fusion for video compositing and visual effects.
- Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve for color correction and grading.